Thursday, 5 November 2009

CRAFT Challenge 24, Bonfire Night.

Hello everyone,

It is time for Challenge 24 at CRAFT Challenge. The challenge this week is to create a project to fit in with Bonfire Night. Our sponsor this week is Photobucket.

This challenge was a rather tricky one for me, not that much into Bonfire Night to be honest. I spent most of Saturday and Sunday designing the image, and that for someone who can't draw!

The layout of the card is very simple indeed, but I hope you like it anyway.





For this card I first drew some barrels for gunpowder, then drew my version of Guy Fawkes and some pebbles. I next got an image of the houses of parliament of the internet. Sorry, but as I said I'm no good at drawing, so the others were already a stretch.





I then resized them and edited the picture in Microsoft Picture-It, printed the picture and coloured it in.











For the night sky with fireworks I used a little technique we used to play with as kids. First cover some paper with wax crayons, then cover it with black paint. Once dry draw some fireworks.



Unfortunately it did not really show up well after printing it, therefore drew on some fireworks with some bright jelpens.

Hope you like the effect. Feel free to use the images drawn for your own personal use, I have included them in this post.

Thank you for looking, all comments very welcome and much appreciated.

Looking forward to seeing your creations! Have a good weekend!

This one has also been entered into the challenge at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge.

Love,

Jo.

1 comment:

Thank you all for visiting my blog and commenting on my cards and other projects. All comments are very welcome and much appreciated. Have a great day everyone!

Love,

Jo.