Saturday, 14 November 2009

Brother-in-law's birthday card and a few challenges.

Good afternoon all,

A nice wet Saturday over here, cold and windy. Just back from taking youngest to birthday party.

This morning I finished a birthday card for my brother-in-law, who lives in America. He is a manager in a large company and has very little time for hobbies. It is therefore difficult to find something to suit his interests.

This year, I created a digistamp especially with him in mind. I hope you like it.



Feel free to use the stamp if you like it, but please only use for personal use and leave the signature on when you use it.

And here are some more images of the card. The image has been coloured in using watercolour pencils.







The used background papers are from Funky Fairies I believe and the other one is my own one, scanned autumnleaves.



In case you are wondering, the white rectangles on the cards are the name plates. I have removed the name of my brother in law from it for privacy reasons. You could use this space to put the name of the intended birthday person as well.

I hope you like it (and most of all my brother in law does).

This card will also be entered in the following challenges:

1. Stamp Something, Sketch Something. I have used there sketch and adapted it a bit to fit better with the shape of the card and the image.

2. A Spoonfull of Sugarchallenge 77, Create a Scene. I believe my digistamp fits that bill well enough.

3. SPCC, there colourcombo this week is melon mambo, basic black, yoyo yellow and not quite navy. You should be able to find these colours somewhere in either the background papers or on the coloured in stamp.

4. Pile it on Challenge 23, Fall Challenge. For this challenge you needed to use one or more leaves. I have used autumnleaves scanned in to create the backing paper.

and

5. Trimcraft Challenge 37, Lots of Dots. The backing paper is quite dotty I believe.

I knew there was one missing...

Last but certainly not least, I also want to enter this one in Whimsy Stamps Challenge 27, watercolors. This one asks us to use watercolours in our card. I used watercolour pencils to colour in my digistamp. Sorry ladies, haven't got any Whimsy Stamps yet. May be in with winning some at some stage maybe?

Thank you all for looking, all comments very welcome and much appreciated.

Love,

Jo.

13 comments:

  1. Nice - wow what a great stamp. Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great job creating your own digistamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - great job with the digi stamp! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Jo, that is one awesome digi stamp!! So detailed and I'm sure it will be perfect for your brother-in-law!! :) Love your watercoloring details!! Thanks for joining with us at Whimsy Challenges!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo one clever lady using your own stamp great card..thank you for joining us at Whimsy Stamps Challenge this wk.

    Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job, such an artist!! Thanks for joining us this week at Whimsy Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! Great work!

    Emily-SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So cute and creative! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous digistamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! I love that you made the digi stamp! Thanks for playing along with us!

    - Heidi, SP Diva

    ReplyDelete
  11. A truly fantastic original personalised card - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute!
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    SPCC Creator

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for visiting my blog and commenting on my cards and other projects. All comments are very welcome and much appreciated. Have a great day everyone!

Love,

Jo.