
At least I think it is a fun card and I had loads of fun thinking it out and making it. I had already noticed some 3D images on the net to do with moving house and thought they would be ideal for this card I made for my sister, who has recently moved house.
For the background of the front of the card I used google maps to find where she used to live and where she is now living. I managed to find the house she used to live in as well as a picture of the type of house she has moved to.
I thought it would be quite fun to make a penny slider type of card, using the map and the planned route from old to new house as the front of the card with the 3D image on top of the penny slider system. I'm pleased it turned out exactly like I had pictured it in my mind.
On the photo above you can see the moving people half way up the penny slider route. And below at the top.

For the inside of the card, I used the other image on the 3D sheet, as you usually need to do a little decorating, even if you are moving into a newly built home. I also flipped this image, to be able to make it into a spinner for the middle of the card.
And here are some images of the inside of the card.

A close up of the spinner is seen below.

And from a slightly different angle.

And viewing it from the top.

I hope you enjoyed looking at this card and hopefully it has given you some ideas for your own creations. I really loved making this card and seeing it take shape as I went from one stage to the next. I'm really pleased it is so much like I imagined it would be and I hope my sister will love the card as much as I loved making it.
A close up of the the 3D image.

For the inside of the card, I used the other image on the 3D sheet, as you usually need to do a little decorating, even if you are moving into a newly built home. I also flipped this image, to be able to make it into a spinner for the middle of the card.
The background for this I made myself, using both images in succession. Feel free to use the background if you have any use for it. But of course do not sell it as your own creation.
And here are some images of the inside of the card.
A close up of the spinner is seen below.

And from a slightly different angle.

And viewing it from the top.

I hope you enjoyed looking at this card and hopefully it has given you some ideas for your own creations. I really loved making this card and seeing it take shape as I went from one stage to the next. I'm really pleased it is so much like I imagined it would be and I hope my sister will love the card as much as I loved making it.
Thank you for looking. All comments are welcome and very much appreciated. Looking forward to seeing all your creations when you join us at the challenge!


Thers something on my blog for you xx
ReplyDeleteLeuke kaart! Je zus vindt hem vast prachtig! Heel origineel om de muisjes te laten wandelen naar hun nieuwe huisje, en de binnenkant heb je ook heel mooi gedaan!
ReplyDeleteX, Ava
Just love this card Jo - great idea to google for the map. :) :)
ReplyDeletexxDebbiexx