Thursday, 28 May 2009

DT entry for Challenge 2 at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge Blog.

Here is my entry as DT member at C.R.A.F.T. Challenge blog for week 2. The challenge was to involve moving components, so anything that slides or swings, or moves really. You can find the challenge at http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.com/ .




Just before I noticed the challenge layout for week 2, I had created these invites for my middle son's 10th birthday party. He wants a party in a swimming pool, just like his sister did a month or so ago.

The photo below shows most of the possible views of the card as a little sneak preview.







And here is also a view of his birthday card, which also fills the criteria for the challenge.












For the invites I used paper 8 of pack 2 of the freebies from Funky Fairies at http://funkyfairyinspirations.blogspot.com/ for the background paper on the front and on the inside of the card. These were printed out as 2 versions on 1 A4, to cover an A5 card.

For the birthday card I used two large yellow pieces of card (larger than A4, smaller than A3) and some step by step 3D images I found on the internet as well as the Bart Simpson Background paper. The Spongebob background paper is my own creation using the main image of the 3D image. This 3D sheet was also flipped to act as the back of the spinner.




The base card of the invites themselves consisted of 2 white A5 cards, folded in the middle and then decorated further.




On the front of the card I used an image I found on the internet of Goofey in a ring on his back. The same image was also cut out and put on another piece of background paper that I designed myself, measuring 6.6 cm to form the spinner. The same paper also had the invite details printed on for the reverse of the spinner. You can find the background papers I designed underneath the next photo of the card.






The backgound paper I designed for the spinner of the invites.






The background I designed for the birthday card inside.


Below you can see a view of the inside of the card. I have made quite some of this type of card over recent weeks or even months as I find they are quite effective. The window in for the invites was cut out using a large scalloped nestibilty in my Big Shot and the spinning image was assembled using a piece of blue cotton in between the 2 images back to back. They were stuck together using silicone glue to really keep the thread in place. It was then stuck to the back of the inside card with double sided sticky tape. The valley fold was made 4.25cm each side of the centre of the card to allow the card to fit in its envelope when the card is folded (otherwise the image sticks out).

Unfortunately the Big Shot is not quite big enough to cope with the size card for the birthday card I made. This therefore needed to be cut out by hand.




A little 'It's a Party' sticker were put on the inside of the card.




On the reverse of the Goofey image the spinner showed the details for the party.



Another view of the inside of the card is shown here:




And another view of all the invites.





Next are some further views of the birthday card for my son who was 10 on the 17th of May. He loves Spongebob Squarepants, but especially Bart Simpson.


For his card I used an image of Bart Simpson put onto a piece of oval card cut out with Nestibilities. It is very similar to the other swivel and spinning cards I have on my blog.


Here are some pictures of the card.



A view from the front.



A view of both back and front of the card.



The inside of the card.





The inside of the card showing the spinner.




A view from above.



A close up of the spinner.


Last but not least a close up of the front swivel image.


Hope you enjoyed looking at these cards and looking forward to seeing you join us in our challenges at http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.com/.

5 comments:

  1. You do work hard, great job done. Trish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is just fantastic hun you have gone to so much detail well done love cheryl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boys are both big Bart and Spongebob fans - they love it! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow loads of cards! They are all fab. Thank you for the comment on mine, I was only just in time with it today so was really surprised to see I'd won!! Helen x x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for visiting my blog and commenting on my cards and other projects. All comments are very welcome and much appreciated. Have a great day everyone!

Love,

Jo.