Have you noticed the competition that is going at the Crafty Pad? Debbie has put a free Ellie and Mo friends digitals stamp on her blog for free, which you can use to take part in this competition which runs till the 26th of October. Do have a look, it's another gorgeous stamp.
Here is my card made with the stamp. When I saw the stamp I just couldn't resist to cut the stamp in half to make it a moveable card. Hope you like it.

First I coloured the stamp with watercolour pencils. Then I cut off the top part of the see-saw.
The next step was to cut some green card with nestibilities and stick the bottom part of the see-saw on this.

Then put the top part on top of this with a brad so it could move.

Next I cut out and assembled a hinge and lever system on the back of the card which attached to the back with the same brad.

Next I attached the sentiment to the top part of the hinge part and backed it with some green card.

I then stuck double thickness doublesided foam tape to the back to attach it to the basecard, making sure that the lever could move freely.

Next the little edge of the see-saw was stuck onto the lever (only the far end) so it would move with the lever revealing the message.

I felt this would work best on that side that would lift the elephant up rather than the mouse.
It was then stuck onto some orange basecard and some little ribbon bows were added.



And hope you like the card, and now for some better pictures of it.


Thank you for looking, all comments much appreciated and very welcome. Hope Debbie and her team like my card as well.
Love,
Jo.
Wow Jo, this is just fab, love that you have actually made a see-saw. You are a clever girl, thanks for the instructions. What a bril idea.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Suzi xx
Hi Jo - wow what an amazing idea - love it....I bet it is great to beable to lift the see saw up and down - brilliant. :) :) The instructions are great too. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for entering The Crafty Pad competition. :)
xxDebbiexx
Great card Jo good luck.
ReplyDelete