Thursday, 22 October 2009

CRAFT Challenge 22, Anniversary.

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all well.

It's Thursday again, which means time for the next challenge at CRAFT Challenge. This week the brief is 'Anniversary'. I wonder what you'll come up with.

For this week our sponsor is Craft Obsessions, who are putting 6 promarkers up for the winner of this challenge.

Well, here is my DT card, I worked on this for nearly 2 days. The closest thing I have resembling an anniversary in the near future is the fact that our senior receptionist will have been with us (well not me personally, I've only been there since 2000) for 25 years. I promised the other girls at work I would arrange for a card to mark the occasion.



Not really a quickie, but at least plenty of space for everyone to leave a message. I have put a picture here with a few different views of the 'card' (it's actually 3 A4 cards stuck together), so you can see most of it.

Hope you like it, and more importantly, hope the receptionist, the other girls and my colleagues like it as well. Just hope it's not too cheeky. LOL.

For those of you who would like how to make this card, I will put a step-by-step account here as well. Be warned though, it is not a quickie to make.

This card has been made out of 3 A4 pieces of card, stuck together. There are a total of 7 3D images and a number of background papers as well. Some of the images I found on the internet (photobucket). Some are from Norma and others from The Lilac Garden. The texts added I put on myself using nestibility tags to add to the card.

So, step one: Cut out all the images and assemble them using silicone glue. Here are the 7 images I used.









Next get 3 A4 pieces of card, mark them in the middle (at 14.85 cm) and one cm each side of the middle of the card. This to allow enough room for the 3D images.





Next cover the card with double sided sticky tape and apply the backing paper to the card,to ensure that the linking cards are hidden well.









Then cover all the linking bits of paper with some sticky ribbon to tidy it up a bit. Next it's time to start adding the images.


The tricky bit is to actually put together the moving image of the 'flasher' brandishing a candle in his pants. This is working with a hinge and lever system at the back of the 'dressed' image. The image has been stuck onto some green card big enough to hide the 'flashing' image. The lever support is stuck inside the lever to make it sturdy enough for the job.

The set needed basically consists of a hinge, a lever and a base, the base and the hinge still need to be cut to size on this picture and the slit still needs to be made in the base to feed the hinge through.
Next you need to perforate the hinge and the lever and stick them together with a brad.

From the back it looks like this. The image needs to be stuck to it in such a way that it moves freely on the hinge and shows sufficiently when lifted, not too much when in hiding mode.

Remember the black dots on the lever? Perforate it at this point and also put a hole through the front card, so both can be attached with another brad.

The base is stuck to the back of the green card with 2 layers of double sided sticky foam to allow the 3D image to move sufficiently behind the green card.

It then looks like this from the front.



And like this once the image has been lifted.

To allow the image to move freely, 3 layers of the double sided foam tape are applied to the back in places where it does not interfere with the free movement of the image.

Once this has been done, the card with moving image hidden behind it, is stuck onto the base card.

Next print off the text you want and cut this out with nestibility tags.

Cut strips of ribbon, attach double sided sticky tape and feed through and attach to the tags, then to the card.



Now this is all done, it's time to have a good look at the card from different views.

















I hope this is giving you enough of a chance to see how this card looks and how to make it if you would like to make one like this yourself.

Thank you very much for looking, all comments are as always very welcome and very much appreciated.

Have a good weekend all and looking forward to seeing your creations for this challenge. I wish we could win this prize as well, it's fabulous!

Love,



Jo.

4 comments:

  1. wowzers Jo! what a lot of love and work in that fabulous witty card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever card - I'm sure it will be appreciated! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Jo, clever idea, such a lot of work has gone into it, I bet the recipient will love it.

    Rose xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Jo and it really made me smile. A lot of hard work but I am sure it is worth it. Trish:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for visiting my blog and commenting on my cards and other projects. All comments are very welcome and much appreciated. Have a great day everyone!

Love,

Jo.