Hope you are all enjoying the weekend.
Over here the birthday season has started again! Party invitations are arriving once more and parties to go to. My youngest has his birthday today (7 already) and had a party to go to today as well for one of his friends.


This is a Sheffield Wednesday birthday card for one of my youngest's class mates. He's a big fan.
I quickly put this card together this morning, just in time before the party.
It is a card with a moving ball, revealing 'Goal' as a message. (using a penny slider system)
And here is how I made the card.
First I found an image on the net to use for 3D adaptation. You can find the step-by-step 3D image here (this time only 4 layers). The image is not my own, but I have edited it to form a 3D image. 
The next step was to put the image together using sillicone glue as you can see here:
The next step was to get a square piece of green handmade paper, cut a piece of sturdy card slightly smaller than this and attach it to the back of the handmade paper.
The next step was to cut out a football shape, cut out some sturdy card slightly smaller than the football to strengthen this shape and stick them together as well as cutting out 2 one pence sized circles stuck together again to be the counter part of the penny slider system.

Following this I made the goal, 3 strips of white handmade paper stuck together (7mm wide and 3 (3.5 for horizontal one)cm long.

Then stuck this to the green handmade paper top left corner.
I next put the footballer and the ball on top of the card to measure where I wanted the football to start and end and marked the slit for the penny slider on the handmade paper.
After this this was cut out.

The football was turned upside down and a very thin strip of doublesided foamtape was attached to the back, thin enough to fit comfortably in the slit in the card. The card with handmade paper was put on top of this upside down, with the foamtape sticking through. The penny sized circle was then attached to this and I doublechecked the slit was wide enough over the full length.


Next I got a piece of stiff card and held it in place to the back,ball in lowest position, to fit comfortably onto the penny. I marked this point and then marked another line about 1cm higher. Then cut the card to size and fitted the words 'pull here' at the very top.
Time to then stick this card on the bottom of the pennyslider with doublesided sticky tape. I next moved the ball to the top position and in this position added the word 'GOAL' to it just above the edge of the handmade paper.

Now attach some doublesided foampads to the back of the handmade paper and attach to the base card (making sure the pennyslider can move freely)and add the footballer.

Add the Happy Birthday sentiment and done!


Hope you like it.
Thank you for looking.
All comments are very much appreciated and very welcome.
Love,
Jo.
Great card Jo, bet he loved it, especially with the moving football.
ReplyDeleteSuzi xx
fabulous card. where did you get the image from?
ReplyDeletelove the card Jo. your instructions are very good and easy to understand.
ReplyDeleteElke XX