Thursday, 10 September 2009

Craft Challenge 16, child for a child with removable item.

Doesn't time pass quickly? I just can't believe that we are already down to challenge 16 at CRAFT Challenge. This time we want you to make a card for a child with a removable item.

This week is sponsored by Hope Jacare. This weeks prize is to choose any 5 digi stamps from Claire's shop, which you can find at Hope Jacare at Shop Handmade. Claire is part of our design team and a very talented lady indeed who does some really lovely 'doodles'.


It is also nearly time for my youngest 7th birthday already! It seems like it was only yesterday I had him. Time really does fly.

Several months ago I made a card for one of his friends and he had requested a Ben10 card for him at the time. Some time later he said (when I asked him what he wanted for his birthday, meaning a present) that he wanted a Ben10 card as well, but a different one.


I felt this request fitted in with this challenge (timing as well as it's his birthday in about a week) very well.

So, here is the card. I will do a different post with the 3D images and backgrounds I used for this card. This way you are able to use some of these for your personal use as well if you like them.

There are some more images of the card below.

The item sticking out and lying in front of the card is a bookmark. You can just see the bottom of the bookmark where I have personalised it by adding my son's name.





If you would like to know how to put a springy card together, have a look here where I have put some instructions for one previously. This card is basically using a penny slider system on all 3D alien images. The 3D Ben10 is stuck onto double thickness foam pads to allow the other images to move underneath.

The instructions for this card can be found here and the background and step-by-step 3D images can be found here if you are interested.




Hope you like it. It was not an easy one to put together, but great fun now it is ready.

Looking forward to seeing your interpretations of this challenge. I will also be looking for some blog awards to hand around, so you might get lucky there!


Love,


Jo.

6 comments:

  1. wow wow wow, this is absolutely brilliant Jo. A fabby boys card.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Jo - very clever - I am sure he will love it! Best Wishes Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a clever card, fab idea to stick the bookmark in that way too. Kids love a bit of fun don't they?

    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, this is fabulous!!!! Wow, talk about inspirational...thank you for sharing your creativity!!!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fab card Jo, your son will love it. I might do a similar one for my son who's 8 on the 25th of this month.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for visiting my blog and commenting on my cards and other projects. All comments are very welcome and much appreciated. Have a great day everyone!

Love,

Jo.