Friday, 10 April 2009

Male Birthday Card.

Another card added to my blog today. I made this card earlier this week for my uncle, who has his birthday on the 14th. It is always quite tricky to find something suitable, but I think he will probably like this. He used to go camping in France a lot in his younger years.

Here is a sneaky preview of the springy card.


For instructions on how to make this type of card, also look at an earlier entry on my blog at http://trimgym.blogspot.com/2009/03/blue-card-for-funky-fairies-blue.html.

The image used for this card is the one below for a simple, yet effective decoupage. I chose the wine bottle and glass with cheese image.


As I did not have a fitting background yet, I created a matching background by editing the main decoupage image and cutting and pasting it several times on an A4 sheet. I have added this background paper below and you can feel free to use it if you like for your personal use.
And here are some views of the finished card. I used some brown base card and cut this and the background paper to size to fit. Although I usually use a card measuring 15 x 7.5 cm base, 15x15 cm square on top, I this time made it a little smaller to use a bit of left over card I had. You can basically make it any size you like as long as the base width is half the length and the square is the same size as the length.



Above is the frontal view and below is one a little from the side, so you can get a feel of the 3D effect of the decoupage image.



Another side view.




And another view from the front.



I hope you all like the card as much as I enjoyed making it. I'm fairly sure the recipient will like it when he receives it. All comments are very much appreciated. Thank you for looking and have a fabulous Easter one and all.

8 comments:

  1. this is wonderful. I love the design and will have to have a go at a springy card one day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo - what a great male card - I love the springup designs..:)

    xxDebbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    This is one of the best and most creative blog i have ever seen in my life. lol

    Regards,
    sarah

    Handmade Papers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card for a man. Love the image you've used. Thanks for joining the CCC this week. Hugs Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, I love the design. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is awesome, thankf for joining at CCC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know loads of males who would love a crad like this, brilliant, thanks for joining us this time at ccc hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy folded card, and how creative to create your own background paper! :) Thanks for playing with this weeks challenge @ CCC!!

    Hugs Ida

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for visiting my blog and commenting on my cards and other projects. All comments are very welcome and much appreciated. Have a great day everyone!

Love,

Jo.