Good evening all and a Happy Easter!
It looks like I'm on a roll! Second project today and another entry to a challenge. This time at The Crafty Pad.
For this challenge we had to work according to the following sketch.
Another rule of course is to use one of their fabulous stamps. For this one I have chosen a Just Teddy with ball stamp. They are just sooo cute, I'm sure you will agree.The full image of the square card is below. I have used some of their free papers as well to help make this card and cut out some ovals using nestibilities. The stamp was carefully coloured in using water colour pencils. I have edited the spotty and antique free papers slightly to fit better with the yellow theme of the card.
I also printed of the text 'I know I'm in need of some exercise, but are you sure this is the way to do it?' on one of the papers for to add a funny element to the card. To me it looks like he is balancing on a pilates exercise ball and like so many of us, I do need a bit more exercise to get myself into the right kind of fitness. I always have big plans, but hardly ever manage to follow them up.
To spice it up a little 3 little brads are added to the longitudinal strip of backing paper and 2 flower brads to the corners of the card.

Here is a bit more of a close up.

And a view especially focussing on the stamp and text.

I hope you like the card, I certainly enjoyed creating it and I am quite pleased with the result. Now I just need to find the right kind of person to send it to and the right occasion. I'm sure I'll be able to come up with something.
Enjoy the rest of your Easter weekend!
Hi Jo, wow what a fabby card...love how you have used the free papers and edited them to suit your needs. :) :) You have coloured ted in beautifully and love the nesties ovals. :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck in The Crafty Pad challenge and thank you for joining in. :)
Email me your postal addy please so that I can send Tiger her wee something. :)
xxDebbiexx
very nice jo did not know u had a blog I will be back thanks for being nice
ReplyDeleteliz x
Hi Jo, Lovely card and gorgeous image :-) Am not sure if this is the card that you re entering for the Simon says Challenge ?? Am not seeing any 'green' but that could be the photo ! :-)
ReplyDeletelorraine x
Cute Bear! IS this for the Simon Says Stamp Store challenge? I hope you stop by!
ReplyDeleteThe sentiment is perfect!
Heidi
Yes Lorraine and Heidi, I have entered this one for the Simon Says Challenge Blog Challenge as well.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jo.
Aww this is so cute - great colours too
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing at the Crafty Pad!
Dawn
I love that bear its so cute.
ReplyDeleteluv
Debby
Fab card Jo. I just love the text.... I can just imagine it lol..
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing more of your wonderful entries. the new Crafty Pad stamps are so sweet and very girly
hugs rozzy xx
Love that image and sentiment!
ReplyDelete