Thursday, 18 March 2010

CRAFT Challenge 42, Nursery Rhymes

Morning all,

This week at CRAFT Challenge we have a very special challenge for you. This week's sponsor is Your Special Delivery and Gina has given us her latest digistamp to work with. It is depicting several nursery rhymes and we felt it would be ideal to therefore make this challenge 'Nursery Rhymes'.

For this card I used the said digistamp, which I coloured with waterpaint. I had to doublecheck what the colours and their order in the rainbow are with my eldest to make it as true to life as possible. I then searched for the text of some of the rhymes I could recognise on the web and added those to a nursery rhyme background I found. The other backing papers are actually misprints from a paperpack from Sparky's Scratches, a Christmas freebie tartan in red and green, but due to ink running low on the cartridge came out in these gorgeous colours instead. I have scanned this one for future use, you can't look a given horse in the mouth now, can you?

I then added some extra details from the recipe challenge at One Stitch At A Time: 1 ribbon, 2 backing papers, 2 brads or eyelets. 1 of the brads used has gone through the ribbon to hold it into a bow shape.

On the inside of the card I repeated the backing paper from the front. I edited this in Corel Photopaint to add the lyrics of the nursery rhymes again as well as a birthday message for my youngest nephew. This is a very early birthday card for him as he does not have his birthday till November!



As I used the recipe from One Stitch At A Time, I will also be entering into their challenge this week. Who knows, I might just like this week, win again and be in with a GDT spot. I'm really feeling very honoured with that.


Also entered into Charisma Cardz Challenge: kids

Stamping for the Weekend, monochromatic

Well, hope you like my card, looking forward to seeing all your entries. (Sorry to all who tried to look at it earlier and thank you for Ei for letting me know. The pictures somehow fell off the post)

Thank you for looking, all comments very welcome and much appreciated. Have a great weekend all!

Love,

Jo.

11 comments:

  1. Jo, I don't know if it's just me, but I'm not seeing a piccy!
    I know what it's like anyway from C.R.A.F.T and it's very inspired! All those nursery rhymes! What a good idea!
    Hugs,
    Ei
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, how cute and EARLY you are lol...your nephew is going to love this card for sure..I look forward to seeing your GD card..good luck this time too...

    stitchy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card hun love the image too thanks for joining us at OSAAT hugs cheryl xxxxx
    great colurs too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and layout, Thanks for joining us at OSAAT, hope to see you again soon good luck in our challenge.
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back Jo and another great creation hun. Thanks once again for joining us here at OSAAT.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Jo

    thanks for joining OSAAT

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just fab, I'm so looking forward to seeing your GDT card when you join in with us. (I can't remember off the top of my head which challenge you're doing with us, sorry)
    Thanks so much for joining us over at OSAAT, and don't forget to check back tomorrow to see who's won and check out the new challange. Good luck! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fab card. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week x Clare (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Card Jo, lots going on! Thank you for joining OSAAT's challenge this week, stop in tomorrow to see what the new challenge is!!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome card...thanks for joining us at OSAAT..good luck...hope to see you again...

    thanks
    CJ
    cowgirl up stamps
    http://stampenwithcj.blogspot.com/
    stitchy bear stamps

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful!

    Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

    Hugs
    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for visiting my blog and commenting on my cards and other projects. All comments are very welcome and much appreciated. Have a great day everyone!

Love,

Jo.