To serve with Nasi Goreng or with sate sticks, or even as a sauce on top fo french fries.
Here is the recipe for sate sauce.
All you need is:
a jar of crunchy peanut butter
a diced onion
some sambal (the chili pepper sauce again, may have to dig out a recipe for that one as you can't buy it here very easily :lol: )
some Indonesian herbs ( ground ginger, ground cumin, and some others of which I don't know the English version, basically some tumeric I guess and of course some garlic)
some soy sauce
some lime or lemon juice
some sugar/brown sugar
some milk
Put some oil into a sauce pan and heat it.
Add the onion and fry until it is soft.
Add the peanut butter and the herbs, the sugar (1 teaspoon), the sambal (1-2 teaspoons), the soy sauce(table spoon full) and stir, heat till warm.
Slowly add milk until it is a smooth sauce (will thicken during heating so you will probably need about 200ml)
I don't even need the recipes for these 2 any longer, just put them in as I find them and done. Absolutely love them.
If you want sate, all you need to do is get some diced chicken or pork, put in a marinade of Chinese or Indonesian herbs, sambal and soy sauce and leave to soak for about half an hour. Then put the pieces on some bamboo sticks or skewers, put under the grill for 10 minutes, turning over half way and ready, just add the sauce and you're done.
Another nice one is to boil some mixed vegetables (carrots, broccoli, green beans, peas, some cabbage, some beansprouts, some cauliflower for about 3 minutes, drain. Then put in a oven dish or large platter/bowl, add some slices of boiled egg on the top, some prawn crackers and the sauce again. (this dish is called Gado Gado in Indonesia and in Holland)
A lovely dish to add to a rice table. Can be really quick due to getting some out of the freezer (mixed vegetables) and using these.
I think I will need to stop now, getting too hungry now :lol: ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you all for visiting my blog and commenting on my cards and other projects. All comments are very welcome and much appreciated. Have a great day everyone!
Love,
Jo.