Thursday, 29 November 2012

Home made Marzipan, a recipe.


Morning all,

I am sure you are all looking forward to Christmas at the moment already. I know my kids are certainly some of those that simply can't wait. It may therefore be quite a good idea to start preparing for it already. I have therefore put the following recipe on my blog for you.

Home made Marzipan




I would certainly recommend trying this recipe out if you like marzipan. Do not expect this to be anything like the marzipan you buy in the shop, but if you are familiar with the marzipan stollen, it is quite similar to the marzipan used in that.

It is quite easy to make and is absolutely gorgeous if you like marzipan, like I do. It is ideal to use in Danish pastries, a Christmas pastry wreath and almond marzipan stollen for people who love that.

You need to prepare it at least one day in advance to give it the best possible taste.

To make it you need:

Weighing scales
A bowl
A fork
200 grams of ground almond
200 grams of caster sugar
1 medium egg
A few drops of lemon or lime juice.






Mix the ground almond, caster sugar, egg and the drops of lemon or lime juice together in a bowl using a fork.


Once nice and smooth (it is also very sticky, so a good excuse to lick your fingers, yum, yum) add the lid to the bowl and place in the fridge for later use. Leave there for at least 24 hours before using it in your recipe.


I hope you enjoy it as much as I (and my family) do.

You can find the recipe for a Christmas Pastry Wreath (the same one that forms the Inspiration Picture at CRAFT Challenge this week), here.




Love,

Jo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you all for visiting my blog and commenting on my cards and other projects. All comments are very welcome and much appreciated. Have a great day everyone!

Love,

Jo.