Thursday again and that means it is time for the next challenge at CRAFT Challenge, this week the challenge is to create a shaped card. Not rectangular or square, but any other shape is welcome. If you read and look on from here you will find my DT entry for this week's challenge and also the background and 3D decoupage image I have used for the front of the card. Hope you like it.

You can see the front view of my card above, I have chosen a octagonal card for my son's 13th birthday next month. As we are both Harry Potter fans (my daughter as well), I thought this would be a good card for him.
For this card I have chosen to have a card that pops up in the middle, much like the previous swivel and moving cards I have made. I found a 3D decoupage image on the web for the inside of the card, flipped the image to form a back image as well. The background and the 3D decoupage on the front I made myself and can be found at the end.



On the inside of the card a little strip of the background paper (made with downloads from the site again) was used, also a 3D decoupage image found on the net.

A 'Happy Birthday' sentiment was stamped on the inside of the card and a peel off was added on the front.

Some views from the top to show the card.
Thank you all for looking, I hope you like my card and the images used. To get a full view of the background paper or of the 3D decoupage sheet, just click on them and that way you are also able to save them. for personal use only, obviously. (Images are not my own, but have been edited by me to create the background image and the 2D image)


You can see a close up of the 3D decoupage image on the front, a download from the Harry Potter and the Halfblood Prince website, this was layered onto a scalloped rectangle of the same card used for the base card. This was cut out with nestibilities.

On the inside of the card a little strip of the background paper (made with downloads from the site again) was used, also a 3D decoupage image found on the net.

A 'Happy Birthday' sentiment was stamped on the inside of the card and a peel off was added on the front.

Some views from the top to show the card.
And then last, but not least, the background paper I made as well as the 3D decoupage, step-by-step image. These can be used for personal use only. Please do not claim them as your own work.
Thank you all for looking, I hope you like my card and the images used. To get a full view of the background paper or of the 3D decoupage sheet, just click on them and that way you are also able to save them. for personal use only, obviously. (Images are not my own, but have been edited by me to create the background image and the 2D image)All comments are very welcome and much appreciated.
Do join us at CRAFT Challenge again this week, looking forward to seeing all your creations.
Love,
Jo.

Great Harry Potter Card!
ReplyDeleteSaskia
Hi Jo - great card - very topical at the moment!
ReplyDeleteThis is my first visit to your blog and I'll pop back again soon to see all your lovely projects!
Jenni x
Especially like your pop out Harry - very clever! Cheers Claire x
ReplyDeleteLovely card,great idea for the pop out!
ReplyDeleteJulie