Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Best cardmaker of the universe?



Over the weekend I have managed to make a card for my son's friend at his request (see picture above). He has the party to go to next week and new what he wanted to have for a card. Mum, I want to have a space card! One of those springy ones if possible.

The recent 'Making Cards for Children' special had some lovely ideas in there magazine and some lovely papers as well. When I mentioned I could potentially make him one with moving parts, he got very enthousiastic.

On Saturday he chose the background papers he would like for the card and the images he liked. It was then down to me to scan the images and papers and edit and resize them as appropriate as well as the templates for the moving parts.

This took the best of Saturday and Sunday and I finally managed to put the card together on Monday.

On Saturday night my son passed me in the hall, hugged me and told me 'you're the best cardmaker in the universe', then adding 'get it?'. A lovely joke on his account and also a lovely compliment.
Here some of the pictures of the final card. I hope you like it.

This is the full view of the card.



The space ship moves along a penny slider system to reveal the message 'Have an out of this world birthday!'

Behind the space ship is an alien hiding, which can pop up above it with a lever system.

The spaceman on the top of the card also moves from side to side with a wheel at the back of the card for an added bit of fun.

This is a view from the back of the card. It has a little gift box attached in which the money for the present is hiding.
I will try and add the instructions to making this card in my next blog entry some time later, including some of the resized papers and templates. It's now time for a rest though, needing to get up early again tomorrow.
Thank you for looking and I hope you like the card. I certainly enjoyed making it and my son is very excited about the card as well, feeling it's the coolest card ever, and hand made as well he added!
Now I have also entered it into the challenge at Crafts4eternity Challenge.

26 comments:

  1. wow, what a fantstic card. It's brilliant, no wonder 'your the best card maker in the universe' lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Jo - no wonder your son loved it!
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what a fantastic card. you are the best mum as well as card maker. i'm sure the little boy will love it and i certainly hope your son appreciates you all the more for making it for him.
    well done, its brilliant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Jo - what an amazing card - love it, love it, love it....and yes your son is right - you are the best card maker in the universe..:) :)
    Your son's friend must have be over the 'moon' with the card.....fantastic. :)
    Thanks for visitng the crafty pad and leaving a sweet comment - I do appreciate it and all replys you leave in TC..:) :)

    xxDebbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, fantastic card, out of this world in fact.
    Thanks for joining us this week at FF Challenges and good luck.

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifull space card :) thanks for joining us at FFC :)

    hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card!! Thanks for taking part in the FF challenge this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is soo cool !! Fab creation !!
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow brilliant card...totally fantastic.
    Thanks for joining us and good luck.
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card. I love all the moving parts. A really good design. Thanks for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have put such a lot into this and it's amazing!
    Thanks so much for joining in with this week's CC challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow this is great hun no wonder your son loved it its bril love cheryl xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what an amazing creation. I bet it took you forever to complete. Well done. Thanks for joining the CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely card,thanks for taking part in this weeks CCC!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is so much fun! Love the theme and the saying that goes so perfectly with the card - not to mention this technique.
    Thanks for joining us this week at CCC!
    Kathrin aka Kruemel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super card, I love all the detail. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is simply "Out of this world"!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a card !!!So much work but so worth it - oh my I could play with that for hours - it's incredible. I love it.

    If you have any energy left you might like to look at our 'Inspirational Play Along'on the Pink Elephant today - it's just a bit of fun but you might like to give it a go.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. So worth all the work... it's brilliant!
    Thanks for playing TPE colour challenge this week with such a fab card :)

    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  20. You must have been busy! :) Another greatly folded card, very good match for a boy! :) Thanks for playing with this weeks challenge @ CCC!!

    Hugs Ida

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW!!!an amazing card. Love all the extra details you have added.Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing card! A true work from the heart. Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Charisma Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  23. stunning card!! thanks for entering it into the c4e challenge. hugs mx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow you really are the best cardmaker in the universe! This is excellent, thanks for sharing and joining us at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow this is amazing! You did a wonderdul job and thans for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for visiting my blog and commenting on my cards and other projects. All comments are very welcome and much appreciated. Have a great day everyone!

Love,

Jo.